Friday, April 27, 2018

Any chance you have a shawl . . .

My daughter, Luz, has a wedding to attend this weekend.  A couple months ago we were talking about the wedding . . . where it's going to be, what she's going to wear etc.  At that point I asked if she'd like me to knit a shawl for the occasion.  I got a definitive no, so I didn't bring it up again.

Fast forward to last week when I got this text.  Just to clarify, my "little friend" is the woman who was doing alternations on the dress.


A shawl from Amazon?!?  Perish the thought.  I took the high road and didn't remind her that I had offered to knit a shawl of her choice.

Luz and I coordinated our schedules, and she's coming over to look at shawls this morning before I hit the road.  As luck would have it, I picked up the dress from the seamstress, so I pulled a few options.








They all have different looks.  I have a couple favorites, but I'll let her make the final decision.  And if she doesn't like any of these, there are plenty more to choose from.

This week's color inspiration is a house.  My friend lives just down the street, and I often pause when I pass this place.


I have a thing for yellow, but it's more than that.


Colorful details.

No comments: