Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Focused

A while ago, I signed up to participate in a focus group.  I don't know why I add to my chaos.  This is a busy time of year, and I have a full schedule, but the topic was interesting, and I couldn't help myself.

The day for the focus group rolled around, and I went prepared.  It was supposed to take most of the day, and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for some light knitting.  Notice the emphasis on light.  I'm not talking complicated cables or intricate lace.  Simple knitting that I could do with my eyes closed.  Maybe I could even finish something. Wrong.  

The group tasks involved extensive note-taking.  I can juggle a lot of things, but I still haven't figured out how to use a pen and knit at the same time.  Add intense concentration to the mix and even simple knitting was out of the question.


The black marker indicates where I was at the start of the day.  I managed to work a few rounds here and there on breaks but not nearly enough to finish this hat.  The focus group was a good experience, but when I got out after 11 hours, my mind was twisted like a pretzel.

I needed to decompress and casting on a new project seemed like the perfect solution.


Plus it was a good opportunity to use my new toy tool.  This is a yarn ball holder from Hansen Crafts.  I'm still experimenting, but so far the yarn flows without a hitch.  I'll give an update after I've worked with it a little more.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I once did a focus group concerning my opinion on various songs for a radio station. I had to listen to 400 8-bar segments and then comment after each one. By the time I filled in all those heavy, shirt black pencil marks, I thought I was going to need a chiropractor for my cramped hands and stiff neck.