Friday, April 6, 2018

In Regulation

Sometimes knitting seems to fly off the needles, and yesterday I had a whole hat do just that.

I cast on the hat in the morning and intended to do a lot of knitting, but I had so many interruptions that by the afternoon all I had to show for my effort was the brim.  I didn't pick up my knitting again until the evening when I finally sat down.  The hockey game was on, and I was knitting away.

At the end of the first period, I felt my project was picking up stream.  I kept knitting through two more periods and intermissions.  At the end of regulation play without the benefit of overtime or a shoot out, I had a finished hat.


Jojo's Hat.


This easy to memorize stitch sequence creates interesting texture.


All the spirals come together nicely at the crown.  The yarn is an 
as-yet-unnamed, DK weight blend.  This hat is so squishy and comfy.  I already have plans to cast on another one just for me.

Both the sample and the yarn will be at The Fiber Marketplace tomorrow in York, Maine.  Stop by and check it out.

This week's color inspiration . . . 


A bit of sunshine.

No comments: