Friday, February 2, 2018

Working Backward

I've gone over to the dark side.  Or maybe my fashionable daughters are finally rubbing off on me.

I'm working on a hat for someone, and it needs a pompom so I started poking around online.  Little did I know there's a whole world of pompoms out there - real fur, faux fur, poms with snaps, poms with neon colors.  So many options it was hard to make a decision. 


One of these will land on the hat under construction, but that's not all.

Since I was ordering, I snagged a couple extra pompoms . . . just in case I want to make a hat for one of my daughters.  It's kind of like buying buttons without a project in mind.  If I really love them, I work backward and build a project around the buttons.


Well I fell in love with this one, and now I'll have to make a hat to go with it.  A hat for me - not my daughter.  But that's a project for another day.  I'm still working on deadline knitting.

I spotted this week's color inspiration hanging in a window . . . a change from the usual bold, bright Frida Kahlo.


Soft green and blue.

No comments: