Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Flying Solo

Flying Solo is off the needles, and I'm thrilled with it.


This cowl is like a hug for your neck . . . soft, squishy and cozy.  It's long enough so you can also pull it up and cover your face when the snow is blowing and drifting.


This design features splits at the shoulders for easy wear.


Slipped stitches create nice, clean edges.


Speaking of edges, there's nothing like a tubular cast on and bind off to make things neat and tidy.  The pattern calls for a tubular bind off, so I went ahead and did the same for the cast on.

I used a Lillian Gradient Bundle.  This colorway is Drizzle.  The pattern calls for three colors, but the bundles have five.  I reconfigured the rounds to include all five colors.  This is a relaxing knit but not completely mindless.  And now I'm envisioning it in other colors.

No comments: