Monday, December 18, 2017

Empty Needles

I had a little flurry of finishing the last few days.


Everyday Shawl.

This design features alternating stockinette and reverse stockinette sections that give this shawl texture.


The center line shifts and creates an interesting shape.

I tried to follow the math instructions based on percentages of yarn and hit a bit of a snag, but I was able to work my way out of it.  I like the numbers angle and would do it that way again but would check and double check my numbers first.  For those who aren't so inclined, there are also straight forward instructions that don't require any additional math.


I used a Lillian Gradient Bundle, colorway Sea Glass.  This is a greenish color with a hint of blue . . . almost neutral but not quite.

Since I was on a roll, I also knocked out another Inclination.


I used Norma again.  The colorway is March Sky.  This is my new favorite cowl, and I'll probably cast on another one in the next couple days.  Inclination is an easy, portable project.  The pattern is so simple I can pick it up, and I always know where I am.  If you're still in knitting mode for holiday gifts, check it out.

To wrap it all up, a mitten update from my friend Alice.


Another lovely pair from the Selbuvotter book.

This is one of my favorite color combinations.


It's too bad these mittens aren't my size because they match my current favorite hat.

No comments: