Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Summer Camp

I'm often knitting samples on a deadline, and this past weekend was no exception.  I wanted to have my Summer Camp ready for the show, so Friday evening I settled in at my hotel with the final edging.  The last stripe is worked and attached to live stitches all at the same time, so it's very efficient.  But I know from past experience that this kind of finish can be slow and tedious - and takes a lot more time than I think it will.

I was focused, and in no time at all I was weaving in the last few ends.


I gave the shawl a quick bath.


And a good blocking.  I was afraid the shawl would still be damp in the morning, but the hotel air was so dry I didn't have to resort to my blow dryer plan.


This pattern was relatively quick . . . garter stitch with color changes to keep things interesting.

The yarn is Lillian Piglet combined with a skein of Lillian Sprinkles. 
This is another pattern that lends itself to all kinds of color options.


Today we have a cold winter wind, but this shawl looks like spring and summer.

No comments: