Well I made the most of my weekend bonus knitting time. I've been struggling with a pair of mittens for the Hand Along running in my knitting group. I need new mittens so motivation isn't the issue, but I'm not crazy about the pattern I chose. I ripped it out once because I didn't like the color and started again with a different color.
I was making decent progress until I tried it on this weekend. I debated about this pattern in the first place. There were some red flags in the notes on the Ravelry pattern page, but I ignored them. I convinced myself I would like the fit. Well, I don't. It took one more try-on for me to admit I wasn't going to wear these mittens. I pulled out the needles and ripped it all out.
Without wasting any time, I found a different pattern and cast on with the same yarn.
Frost Farm Mittens. I miss the beautiful cables from the other pattern, but these mitts are a better fit. And that's the important part.