Friday, December 23, 2016

Searching for Simple

Yesterday was supposed to be a baking day, but, due to no fault of my own, I got off to a late start.  Then the 1.5 hours I spent on a phone call didn't help matters any.  When I had finally disentangled myself from a bureaucratic web and had hung up the phone, I realized that baking cookies wasn't going to happen that day.

Instead it was more important to spend time with a dear friend.  It's hard to resist an afternoon designated for drinking coffee and 
knitting . . . and starting a pair of mitts my son requested.


They won't be finished in time for the holidays, and that's fine.  I know he'll appreciate them and use them when they're done.  That's what counts.

The world is a crazy place these days.  My one goal for the holidays is to keep it simple.  We'll decorate the tree later today and maybe even bake a few cookies.  But in the end, the important thing is spending time with family and friends.  Cherish the moments.

This week's color inspiration . . . 


Light in the midst of darkness.

If you're celebrating this weekend, may your festivities be merry and bright.  And may we all find solace and peace.

No comments: