Monday, December 26, 2016

Holiday Recovery

This year the holiday calendar came equipped with a built-in recovery day, and I need it.  Since today is a day off for many businesses, I don't feel compelled to be overly productive. Instead I'll probably cast on a new project or three . . . maybe even catch up on some of the holiday movies I haven't watched this year.

Our plans were a little shaky heading into the weekend.


The cooking and baking list was long, and that final run to the grocery store for "just a couple things" took an entire afternoon.


Even more uncertain was the final tally of who was going to be here. How many significant others would make an appearance and when? Such is life with young adult children.

This year I said no to the gingerbread house, but my daughters overruled me.


I can't tell you how many times we've bought a gingerbread house and then never assembled it.  This year it was a success.


And I might have grabbed these chocolate samplers on that final store run just because of the knitting-inspired packaging.

With strategic delegating on my part and an extra glass of wine or two, everything came together just in the nick of time.  After all the fuss, it was a relaxing, enjoyable holiday for us.  


This is going to be one of those wacky weeks where I can't remember what day of the week it is.  That's OK.  I'll knit my way through it.

No comments: