Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Of Baseball and Socks

I made a good run at summertime activities as August was drawing to a close, but I was missing one thing on my checklist - my annual trek to a Red Sox game.  

After last night, I can cross that off my list.  One daughter found the tickets, so off I went with both girls in tow.  


The Sox lost, but it was a lovely evening to be at Fenway.  The only thing better than September baseball is October baseball.

Of course I had an appropriate knitting project for the outing.


A red sock.  

A simple ribbed leg made for easy baseball knitting.  The pattern is Vector Socks in case you're wondering, and things will get a little more complicated very soon.  I almost finished the leg last night.  Just a few more rounds . . . 

The yarn is Lillian in the new-for-fall colorway Flame . . . a perfect red for this time of year.  It's available at fall events and will be coming soon to the website.

No comments: