Friday, October 2, 2015

Knitting Emergency

I'm heading to Vermont today.  I'm really looking forward to the trip, but I already have to deal with an emergency and I haven't even left the house yet.

Last night I sat down to start a new project, and this is all I've got to show for my efforts.


Not one stitch was knit because apparently I don't have the right needle.  Well, I do have the right needle - just not on a 16" cable. Once upon a time I had a full range of 16" needles.  Last night I discovered a few were missing, including the one I need.

As I drifted off to sleep last night, I tried to sort it out.  Maybe I would remember a secret needle stash.  Or one more bag that I hadn't checked.  When I woke up, I decided the most efficient solution would be to stop and buy needles on my way out of town.  That will probably take less time than continued searching.

This guy was kind enough to pose for me last weekend and is my color inspiration for this week.  He even matches the yarn that is patiently waiting for needles.


Soft shades of gray.

No comments: