Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Meeting Deadlines

This is turning out to be one of those weeks where I'm pulled in different directions.  I'm focusing on short-term production while considering long-term goals.  I'm juggling between show prep, retail orders and wholesale orders.  The mere mention of paperwork and taxes will likely push me over the edge.  

To clear my head I've been shoveling the snowbank at the end of the driveway.  Every day I go out and chip away at it.  Slowly, slowly it's shrinking.  The truth of the matter is, it's really the neighbor's snowbank, but it's blocking easy access to my driveway.  

At first I thought the neighbor would finish the job and clean up the messy pile, but that hasn't happened and I got tired of all the back and forth turning to get into my driveway.  The other day I took matters into my own hands and picked up a shovel.  It's been a good challenge and, with any luck, I'll have it cleaned up before the next snowstorm hits.

While I shovel, I organize my thoughts around deadlines.  I'm on deadline with various projects.  As much as I dread the pressure of a hard and fast time frame, it can be a great motivator.  Last week I met one of those deadlines.


Yarn Knot Socks shipped.  Everyone should have received their packet by now, so I don't think I'm spoiling any surprises.  Of course now I want to start these socks.  Maybe after my next round of shoveling . . . 

No comments: