Friday, May 11, 2012

Lighthouse Gansey

Last night I had the pleasure of listening to Tara Swiger talk at Gather Here.  Tara has a new book out - Market Yourself.  It was an evening of lively conversation about crafting, marketing and small businesses.


In addition to the thought-provoking discussion and good company it was also an opportunity to sit and knit.  And I did just that - round after round after round.




All it took was a little more knitting when I got home, and my Lighthouse Gansey Socks were finished. 


This design is a 3 x 1 ribbed pattern with a gansey motif on the leg.




A close-up of the motif.  There's something satisfying about following simple knit, purl instructions to create a design.  It's like drawing with wool.  


The yarn is Dirty Water DyeWorks Lillian, colorway Gooseberry.  This is a new color that will be posted to the website soon.  The weekend weather may be too warm for wool socks, but I'll have these with me at New Hampshire Sheep and Wool just in case.


I'm waiting for the sweet smell of this week's color inspiration.




Dainty white.

No comments: