Friday, December 16, 2011

Scrunchie Hat

It's that time of year when I have a crazy number of knitting projects in the works.  I should spend each and every waking moment with needles in hand.  If there were knitting police, they would hand me a ticket for knitting to the point of no return.  Every project I complete is an accomplishment.  Plus it frees up another pair of needles.




Scrunchie Hat.


This design is the work of Lucy Neatby.




Her well-written, thorough patterns never disappoint.


Scrunchie includes instructions for a variety of sizes and different weights of yarn.  There's even a headband version.




And there are options for endless color combinations.  Or a solid colored hat if that's what you prefer.  I'm already thinking of color combinations for my own hat.


The yarn is Dirty Water DyeWorks Edna.




Royal, Mauve and Lupine. 


Edna is a Polwarth / Silk blend that produces rich, subtle color variations.




It's a treat to work with.


The pattern includes several finishing options for the top.




I couldn't resist the colorful pom-pom.


The weekend is upon us.  If you're holiday shopping in the Cambridge / Boston area, check out the Handmade Holiday Show tomorrow (Saturday) at Gather Here.  It's a great opportunity to buy local and handmade.


Often the color that stands out is the one that grabs your attention. My color inspiration for the week looks even more vibrant in contrast with the surrounding earth tones.




Eye-catching moss green.

No comments: