Friday, October 21, 2011

Back And Forth

Sometimes it seems I have to take a step backward to make any forward progress.  Case in point.  Yesterday I picked up my current mitten in progress - the one with the entertaining colorwork.  I was admiring the colors when I noticed a particularly big, blue blob.  Was I imagining it, or was there a mistake about 9 rounds back?


I put the mitten down and went for more coffee.  When I came back, the blue blob was still there.  There was definitely a mistake - a ssk that should have been a k2tog .  The stitch had the wrong twist and was showing blue instead of yellow.  


Now a mistake is not the end of the world, and some of them I can even live with.  This, however, was not one of them.  Ripping back 9 rounds of colorwork on 2.25mm needles is not for the faint of heart.




In the end I was left with this colorful tangle and the satisfaction of correcting that decrease and eliminating the blue blob.


As luck would have it I had an opportunity for extra knitting yesterday. Meetings and time spent waiting can be productive when it comes to knitting.




I caught up to where I had been interrupted by the mistake and then some.  The thumb gusset is complete, stitches are set aside and I'm marching to the top of the mitten.  And I'm on the lookout - no more blue blobs.


As leaves and plants dry up and shrivel, there is still plenty of color to be found.  My color inspiration for the week.




Red-orange, vibrant to the very end.

2 comments:

MicheleinMaine said...

I know what you mean. A little 'sleep knitting' revealed an unintended short row in the Gimlet sweater I'm currently working on. I zigged when I should have zagged. Sigh. Now to either rip out or tink about about 300 stitches...sigh.

Love your sock!

17th stitch said...

What a gorgeous mitten! Is it your own pattern? Will you be publishing it (please)?