Monday, June 20, 2011

The Cup Parade

For days New England has been celebrating the Bruins and their Stanley Cup victory.  It had been 39 years since we last won the Cup. It was time to party.


Part of the celebration included a parade through downtown Boston.  It was a long hockey season, and I followed all the games.  I wasn't going to miss the parade.




I had my Hedgerow Sock to keep me company while we waited for the parade to start.


Hundreds of thousands turned out for the festivities.




Some sought higher ground to get a better view.


Everyone wore black and gold.




Even this statue.


Finally the duck boats arrived with the Bruins, and we got to view the prize.




Lord Stanley's Cup.


The party is over now.  Life returns to normal.




My Hedgerow Socks are finished.  The yarn is Dirty Water DyeWorks Lillian, colorway Autumn Red.  These socks are cushy and comfy. They will be ready and waiting when the next hockey season rolls around.


And I'm on to something new.




The beginning of Simmer Dim.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Is this what you were doing last night? Looks like a fun knit - it's always interesting to try out a new construction. Although if the shawl I am doing now is any indication (RoadTrip) my patience for increasing numbers of stitches is limited. And my pattern calls for a ruffle that starts with 407 stitches and then doubles twice, I think.

I think I am going to do some sort of knitted on edging instead (although that will no doubt be just as many stitches!).