Friday, September 29, 2017

A New Day

Thank goodness for a new day because yesterday was a challenge.  I was working away and wrapping up my show prep when the day went sideways in a hurry.  I lost my wallet, one of the family trucks went down (something to do with the power steering, I think) and the hot water went out while we have a couple extra people staying at the house.

Somehow the task of having the truck towed fell on my shoulders, so last night I was outside in the dark chatting with the tow driver.  Did I mention that our street is under construction and closed during the day?  I had to wait for them to open the street before I could call for a tow.  I may have shed a few tears as the tow truck drove off.

But it's a new day.  I woke up refreshed and ready to go.  After I throw a few things in my suitcase, I'm heading to Vermont.

Needless to say my knitting suffered yesterday.


There's a yarn tasting this weekend at Vermont Sheep and Wool.  Also some cool classes, workshops and demonstrations - follow the link. Last night all I could muster was enough energy to start these little yarn tasting swatches before I collapsed into bed. 

A quick announcement for North Shore knitters.  


Romney Ridge is opening a shop in Ipswich.  The grand opening is Tuesday, October 3.  Kelly has put together a diverse selection of products.  Full disclosure: The shop is carrying Dirty Water DyeWorks. Click on the link for more details.

With that I'm off to pack my suitcase.  The change of scenery this weekend will do me good.

I've had a thing for orange lately.  When I spotted this week's color inspiration at the farmers' market, it made me smile.


Bold and bright.

No comments: