Friday, September 1, 2017

Shifting Seasons

The long, end-of-summer weekend is here.  My Instagram feed is full of people enjoying one last blast of summer . . . the lake, the ocean, the campground.  

People are packing up and heading out.  Earlier this morning I saw my neighbors down the street stuff one more sleeping bag in the car before they hit the road.  No adventures for me this weekend.  I'm sticking close to home.

Knitting season is upon us.  The daylight is shorter, and the temps are cooler.  There's a hint of fall in the air, and I've turned the corner with a couple projects.


I finished the first section in my Enfilade and have moved on to a different stripe pattern.  Each stripe is 6 rows, and I find myself 
saying, "Just one more."  And so I knit on.

This week's color inspiration . . . a final glance at summer.


Sun-dappled mauve.

No comments: