Monday, October 17, 2016

More Than Just Yarn

The crazy, chaotic whirlwind of Rhinebeck weekend has come and gone, and today I'm still taking it all in.  The weekend was full of incredibly generous people who shared their time, ideas and inspiration.  

Rhinebeck weekend is more than just yarn.  From the steady stream of beautiful handknits on parade to late night chats with friends (oh, why did we stay up so late?), this annual tradition was fulfilling on so many levels.  The weather was gorgeous, and the food was delicious, but most important of all was the companionship.  

This morning as I was reflecting on the weekend, I realized a couple things.  I didn't buy any yarn.  Not one skein.  Instead I got a few things to share with the family.  They'll appreciate this more than yarn.


I channeled my inner German and balanced out the fudge with a healthy dose of sauerkraut, pickles and mustard.  

I didn't knit one stitch the entire weekend.  It was a weekend devoted to all that is fiber goodness, but I was too busy during the day and too tired in the evening to pick up my needles.


So before I get back to work today, I'm going to knit at least one round. Maybe two.

It was a fabulous Rhinebeck weekend, and I look forward to doing it again next year.

No comments: