Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Find

The other day my daughter and I were in a local store, and she persuaded me to take a look at the Christmas aisle.  You know which aisle I mean.  The aisle full of all things Christmas from candy to candles to lawn ornaments.  The aisle with enough lights to light up Times Square.


We strolled down the aisle, laughing at some of the silly things designed to celebrate the season.  We decided that all we needed were some lights when my daughter made a discovery.  


She found a bit of magic tucked away at the back of a shelf.   Ice skaters.  Ice skaters wearing handknits.




A girl.




And a boy.


Ice skaters all warm and cozy in woolly sweaters and hats.  They made my day.  These skaters are meant to be tree ornaments, but for now they'll be keeping me company at my desk.

No comments: