Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dreaming

I'm in the final phase of pulling everything together for the next-to-last show of a wonderful fall season.  It's been fun, crazy busy, inspiring, rewarding and at times challenging and chaotic.  It's encouraging to raise the bar and come out on the other side in one piece.


Now that I'm in the home stretch my mind has started to wander.  As I dye, twist and label skeins of yarn I think of knitting.  Knitting many things.  This is what happens when I don't knit for several consecutive days.  I'm not satisfied with the thought of starting one new project.  I want many new projects.


And so I dream of Erin's Hat from Debbi Stone.  Or Mittens With Pints On by Spilly Jane.  Really any of her mitten patterns would do, but a pint is especially appealing right now.  And then my dream gets bigger, and I contemplate a new sweater.  I don't have a particular pattern in mind and I don't dare go on Ravelry to search, but I do know that I would make it out of Edna.  The possibilities are endless.  Knitting for myself . . . soon enough.

No comments: