Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Resisting

I don't have Pogona out of my system.  I'm smitten with the way it wears and would love to have it in a couple of colors but am resisting the urge to cast on another one.  I'm feeling weak in the resistance department so will see how long I can hold out.  There's a beautiful gray I took out of the dye pot yesterday . . . 


Instead I've picked up Yvaine, the cozy shawlette I ditched for Pogona.




Yvaine is a trusty traveling companion, pictured here on the road. Forgive the poor lighting and somewhat off colors.  


This design is really what I need right now.  I'm gearing up for another event, and life is a bit more chaotic.  Yvaine is  straight ahead, cruise control knitting; the yarn, Bertha, is a dream to work with.  What more could I ask for?  I've modified the pattern with one more stockinette/seed stitch section. After that it's all garter to the finish line.  Full steam ahead.


I love DPNs.  I love gnomes.  Imagine my delight when I came across these.  Go ahead and take a look.  Be sure to watch the charming video clip.  While I want some gnomes in the worst way, I'll have to satisfy myself with buying the pattern for now.


And in the kitchen . . . I'm always on the look out for new and interesting recipes.  I don't like complaints about boring food, so I'm excited when I find something that looks like it will go over well.  Some recipes make the cut, some don't.


My latest find - sweet potato biscuits.  I love them.  I love them so much that I don't care if anyone else likes them.




They are perfect for the season with a taste that is not too strong, not too bland.  This recipe is a keeper.

No comments: