Friday, January 17, 2020

Twistmas

I'm having a bit of a fling with hat knitting, and this is the most recent one to come off the needles.


Twistmas.

This design features twisted stitches that make a cozy, cushy fabric. The pattern calls for fingering weight doubled held with a strand of mohair.


I used our new Flecks in the Fog colorway held with Shimmer March Sky.  (Sorry, Flecks isn't listed on the website just yet, but it'll be available next weekend at Farm Fiber Day.)  If mohair isn't your thing, you could probably substitute a worsted weight yarn.  All in all a pretty quick knit that makes a warm, comfy hat.

I drive around in the winter evenings just so I can take in the lights. Every once in while, I stop to capture them.  This week's color inspiration . . . 


Back Bay lights.

No comments: