Friday, December 21, 2018

Unfinished Business

I'm surrounded by tasks that aren't finished.  The Christmas tree is in the house and upright, but it's still naked.  The decorations have been assembled, but nothing has been put up.  

There's a list of cookies to bake, but only one kind has actually been made and most of them have already been eaten.  Basically we're starting over with the baking.  There's also a list of groceries that need to be fetched, but I'm paralyzed at the thought of going to the grocery store.  Between the traffic and the parking, it's a horror show.

I've convinced myself there's still plenty of time.  I have all weekend to pull everything together.  And that led to this.


I was looking at hat patterns when a knitter friend called.  Perfect timing.  One thing led to another, and before I knew it this was happening.  Now I have a hat to finish this weekend.

Happy winter solstice!  Embrace the dark until the light returns.  

This week's color inspiration . . . 

  
A soft glimmer.

No comments: