Monday, July 23, 2018

Extra Effort

Some knitting projects flow off the needles with hardly a thought.  The pattern is easy to memorize.  Or there's a lot of variety and colorful fun.

Other projects require more attention . . . extra concentration for fiddly bits, a complicated chart or unique construction.


Hipster Shawl.  

This project has sections of smooth sailing combined with slower rows to make the crossed strands.  My first section of crossed strands felt cumbersome and slow.  It probably didn't help that I had to rip out and re-knit those rows.  

I wasn't looking forward to the second section of crossed strands, but I didn't want to give up.  Instead I figured out a system that works for me and hopefully will eliminate any more ripping out.  It's still slow going but worth the extra effort.

No comments: