Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Just a Few Yards

So far, so good.  My Alanis is coming together as planned.  The way my luck has been lately, I have a feeling I might have jinxed this project with the mere thought of smooth sailing.  I'm trying to stay positive.

This project is worked from the bottom up.  I completed the front and back hems separately and joined the two pieces into one.  Now I'm knitting around and around.  There's a certain comfort in that.

I'm fast approaching the pocket and that means I have to make a decision about the pocket lining.


All I need is a few yards.  Yesterday I posted some color options on Instagram, and today I've added another one to the mix.  I could make the lining the same color as the sweater, but there's no fun in that.  I've received some feedback - feel free to weigh in. 

A few schedule updates.  Knitting Weekend at Slater Mill is coming up January 19 - 21.  It looks like there's still some class space available. Check it out if you're in the area.

On February 3 I'll be at Romney Ridge Yarns & Wool in Ipswich for a class and a trunk show.  See link for details.

Finally, I've added the February Farm Fiber Day (try to say that fast) to the right sidebar.  There's also a Fiber Day this month.  This event is so much fun, and nothing beats one-stop shopping for food and fiber.  It's a great way to brighten your winter days.

No comments: