Friday, April 4, 2014

Since It's Spring . . .

The spring theme has spilled over into my knitting.  This lovely little shawl was off the needles, waiting patiently to be blocked.


Leonarda Shawl.

This is the most recent Yarn Knot installment.  I finished it several days ago and then promptly set it aside until I could find time to block it.


Yesterday I spotted it on top of the pile and decided to make time to block it.

I've been craving a splash of color, and this shawl definitely fits the bill.


This design uses elongated garter stitch throughout the body followed by a drop-stitch border.  This was my on-the-go project for a while . . . simple yet entertaining.  The yarn is Bertha, a blend with a bit of cashmere.  This shawl is perfect for our still-chilly spring days.

This week I've been looking outside for colorful signs of spring, but I've heard the plants are behind schedule in blooming.  I found this week's color inspiration on a recent trip to the store. 


A taste of spring, packaged and ready to go.

No comments: