Friday, July 15, 2011

A Second Chance

Since my booth shipped earlier this week, I've had the urge to start a new project.  Actually several new projects.  I have a very long list to choose from, and so many of them are tempting. I was proud of myself for showing restraint and casting on only one new project.




This is Anne Hanson's Curling, and it's not a completely new project for me.  I had started Curling months ago with a different yarn. Sometimes the pattern and yarn aren't always a good fit.  The result was OK, but I wasn't smitten with it.  That would explain why it's languishing somewhere in a basket of UFOs.


I decided to have a second go at Curling with a different yarn.




I'm thrilled with the results.  This one won't land in the UFO basket.


I don't usually bake much in the summer, but I stumbled across this recipe and decided to give it a try.




Skillet coffee cake.  This recipe was a huge hit.  The coffee cake is loaded with butter, sour cream and sugar complete with a streusel topping.  Next time I think I'm going to add chunks of apple.


The summer parade of colors continues.  I have my neighbor to thank for this week's color inspiration.




Just a hint of color.

1 comment:

Taos Sunflower said...

Thanks for the recipe...sounds heavenly.