Friday, July 8, 2011

The Question

These days the most common question I hear from well-meaning family and friends is, "Are you done dyeing for Sock Summit yet?"  Or a variation.  "How much dyeing do you still have to do for Sock Summit?"


When I started this push to get ready for Sock Summit, I had a plan all laid out.  There have been a couple of detours along the way, but for the most part I'm on course.  Or I think I am.  I'm afraid that if I stop to think about it, I'll be paralyzed by all that still needs to be done. 

It's better to keep working and not think about it too much.




The dye pots have been going.




And going.


Re-stocking colorways.  Adding new colorways.




When the pots are finished, the water is clear.


After the yarn is dry, the skeins are twisted.




Dipped Infinity Scarf Kits in the making.  


There's no need to panic.  As long as I keep working, it will all get done on time.  Somehow it always does.


My color inspiration for the week was captured on a windy day with gusts blowing in off the ocean.




Soft pink with a bit of subtle yellow.

No comments: