Monday, September 20, 2010

Wired

Aestlight (Ravelry link) came off the needles and went right onto the blocking wires.




I love this part.  This is when the magic begins.  




You start with a limp, shapeless piece of knitted fabric that represents hours of work, sometimes mixed with a dose of frustration.  You give it a bath.




Then you use wires and pins to shape and open it up.  




It's like a bud blossoming to reveal its inner beauty.




The yarn is Bertha from Dirty Water DyeWorks.  Bertha is a blend of 80% Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Nylon.  The colorway is Pixie, shades of green with occasional flecks of blue.


The blocking wires I use are HandWorks Dressing Wires.  I can't recommend this company enough.  Lisa, the owner, provides prompt delivery with great customer service.  And part of the profits are given to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.


I usually putter around for a day or so after finishing a project, searching out my next pattern.  Not so this time around.  Before Aestlight was even dry I had already cast on for my next shawlette. Next up - les Abeilles.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Well, you are on a roll. Your Aestlight turned out beautifully and I like your yarn name, too.