Thursday, September 30, 2010

On The Road Again

This has been a week of organizing and re-organizing, packing and re-packing.  And somewhere along the way I managed to do a bit of dyeing.  I'm pulling it all together for Vermont Sheep and Wool Festival this weekend. 


Who can resist Vermont in the fall?  This event is held at the Tunbridge Fairgrounds in Tunbridge, Vermont.  The  Fairgrounds are nestled in the mountains - a very picturesque setting.  While I don't expect the colors to be breathtaking after such a dry summer, I'm sure they will still be beautiful.  If you're in New England, consider making a road trip.  Last year we had an excellent turn out in spite of soggy conditions.  I'm looking forward to another fun-filled, fiber weekend.


I finished les Abeilles.




Just in time to hit the road.


I made the smallest size, and already I'm plotting my next one only this time larger.




The pattern was straight forward and had a nice rhythm.  Once I was in the groove this shawlette practically flew off the needles.




The yarn is Paula from Dirty Water DyeWorks; the colorway is Autumn Red.  Paula is 100% Superwash Blue Faced Leicester.  The yarn is durable, lustrous and blocks well.


If you're in western Massachusetts this Sunday, WEBS is sponsoring Knit and Crochet for the Cure.  It sounds like a wonderful way to spend an afternoon and contribute to a worthy cause.


My color inspiration for the week is bright and cheery.  




As the daylight gets shorter and shorter every day, it's nice to have an extra burst of sunshine.

2 comments:

Kate/Massachusetts said...

Webs usually isn't open on Sundays (ask me how I know). I think they have holiday hours in November/December but otherwise they are closed.

Stephanie/Dirty Water DyeWorks said...

I thought the same thing, but the Facebook posting and their website both say Sunday. Maybe they are open special hours just for this event.