Friday, September 10, 2010

All Things Green

I'm still on my shawlette jag.  I've ignored the fact that I have a sweater or three to finish, I'm in dire need of fingerless mitts and I had a recent request for a poncho.  I had no sooner cast off Multnomah when I began searching about for my next shawlette pattern.  I have a few patterns queued up in Ravelry and a list that I haven't even added to my queue.  


I settled on Aestlight Shawl (Ravelry link) by Gudrun Johnston. I'd been contemplating this pattern for quite a while.  No time like the present.


I debated about which yarn to use and finally chose this one.




This as-yet-unnamed colorway recently came out of the dye pot.  I love the subtle shifts of green and the bits of blue that peek through every now and then.


I cast on and got right to work.  This pattern starts with a center triangle and moves out to the border.  In no time at all I had this to show for my efforts.




Knit, knit, knit - gotta love garter.  The triangle is complete and the stitches have been picked up along the sides. I'm ready to start working out from the center.  Things will probably get more complicated, and this might not be such a good traveling companion any more.  But I'll give it a try as I'm anxious to watch the design unfold.


For those in the Boston area tonight is the Common Cod Fiber Guild meeting.  The topic is Hyperbolic Crochet presented by Daina Taimina. I'm intrigued and looking forward to the meeting.


My color inspiration for this week is the long-awaited tomatillos from the farmers' market.  It would appear that I'm stuck on green. 




Green with a tinge of purple.

3 comments:

Taos Sunflower said...

I love that shawl pattern! I've added it to my list of things I think I'll do this winter (which still contains everything from last winter). I adore tomatillos, of course...tomatillo salsa is my favorite.

Betsy said...

The photo of the tomatillos is gorgeous! Did you take it yourself?

Karen said...

Hi! That new shawl of yours reminds me a lot of my unfinished shawl (don't dare say "which one?") with the "woven" edge. The wide lace band gives it a similar look, even thought the construction is entirely different.

Can't wait to hear about the Common Cod meeting.