Friday, June 19, 2020

The Blues

Once I find a pattern that has the potential to be a sample, the real work begins.  Which yarn base?  What's the yardage required?  Will the combination of those two be cost prohibitive?  If I get past those questions, I can start thinking about colors.

Earlier this week a pattern caught my eye, so over the last several days, I've been putting it to the test.  I made it to the color question and then the process stalled.  That happens.  Sometimes it helps to contemplate a few color options before settling on one.

After some back and forth, I determined it has to be a blue.  That led to another question.  Which one?


This morning I dyed a couple mini skeins, and now it's time for swatches.  Not all colors highlight a pattern the same way.  I'm getting closer.

This week's color inspiration . . . 


Red, front and back.

No comments: