Friday, June 5, 2020

A Way Forward

I'm still mired in the events of the last few days, and that's where I should be.  This morning my brother sent a text and asked how I'm doing.  I'm not sure if he was referring to the pandemic or the response to racism that's been spreading across the country and the world.  The two events will forever be linked in history.

That text message got me thinking.  To be honest, most days I don't know how I'm doing.  What I do know is that I'm trying to figure out a way forward.  I hope you are too.

Off the needles.


My second Love Note.

The first one was a booth sample.  This one is mine.  You might see me wear this sweater if I'm ever on the road again at a fiber event.

I started this sweater because I needed a new project, and I couldn't decide on anything else.  It had been on my list for a while, and the timing was right.  It was the early days of our stay at home order, and I was struggling with anything resembling a routine.  This relaxing project with a little bit of lace kept me engaged.  It's been "almost finished" for quite a while now, so it feels good that it's officially done.


The yarn is Lillian and Shimmer, both in Pond Scum.

This week's color inspiration . . . 


Shifting shades from green to yellow.

No comments: