Wednesday, March 25, 2020

New Routines

In these pandemic times, I often lose track of the days.  I wake up and have to think long and hard to recall where we are on the calendar. When the ebb and flow of our daily routines are gone and when the activities that distinguish one day from the next no longer exist, the days become a blur and blend into one another.

It's very unsettling when work and family life are upended.  After spending a few days without focus and purpose, I'm desperately attempting to establish new routines.  Each day I pick one neglected household project.  Yesterday it was a closet.  Today it's a kitchen shelf.  

I'm not going to set myself up with a full day of household chores because I know it won't end well.  I'll burn out, and then I'll struggle to do anything around the house.  For me, slow and steady wins the race when it comes to tackling household jobs.

Then the rest of my day falls into place around work.  There's not much dyeing going on these days, but there's still planning and paperwork. New opportunities and fresh ideas take time.

And there's knitting.


I have a couple new patterns to cast on, but I'm also spending time with one or two projects that have been lingering.  How are you coping?

No comments: