Friday, March 6, 2020

Dotted Rays

The mohair monster is finished.


Dotted Rays.


Garter stitch and simple short rows create a squishy fabric with interesting texture.


This is a substantial wrap, but because of the short row wedges, the rows never feel endlessly long.

This pattern is written for different weights of yarn, but I was inspired by the Espace Tricot version.  I made the small size and used Lillian Singles held with Shimmer - both in the Sea colorway.  I used two skeins of each yarn and bumped up my needle size to US 8.


I hit a little snag on the bind off and ran out of yarn with twenty-four stitches left.  I had some leftover yarn that was close in color and used that to bind off the remaining stitches.  You have to look closely to notice the difference.  The pattern is flexible enough that I could have bound off sooner and avoided the game of yarn chicken.


This project is surprisingly portable, mindless and relaxing.  I highly recommend it.

This week's color inspiration . . . 


Early evening light.

1 comment:

Linda D said...

Lovely - added to my queue!