Wednesday, February 26, 2020

The Mohair Monster

First of all, how about a little knitting update.


I've been working on this mohair monster behind the scenes.  This is Dotted Rays, and it has become quite unwieldy.  I started with a shorter needle and swapped it out for this one.  It won't be long, and I'll have to graduate to an even longer cable.

Yes, that means the stitch count is increasing, but due to the magic of short rows, the number doesn't feel overwhelming.  See all those little holes (they remind me of Swiss cheese)?  The short rows make the holes.  The pattern is surprisingly entertaining, and I may have stayed up way too late on more than one occasion.

I'm using the Lillian Singles base held with a strand of Shimmer.  Two skeins of each should do the trick.

A quick reminder that Sunday is Farm Fiber Day at Russell's Garden Center.  We'll be there with an awesome group of vendors.  Look for us in the same area at the top of the ramp.  We'll have a full selection of yarn and bundles including a couple new things.  Stop by to see the latest.

No comments: