Friday, October 25, 2019

Knitting and Beer

I don't know where the day has gone, but I've been playing catch-up since I got out of bed.  Dyeing, shipping, sorting out a yarn emergency, securing a pair of US 15(!) needles for my daughter . . . it all takes time.  

A quick note about my daughter, Estrella.  She learned how to knit when she was quite little (4 or 5), but I can't remember the last time she made anything.  She always helps in the booth at Rhinebeck but has never expressed any interest in knitting.  Until this year.  The lure of yarn and pointy sticks finally got to her.  She bought a skein of hot pink chunky yarn at Rhinebeck.  If it takes big needles to bring her back in the fold, that's fine with me.  I'll do what I can to facilitate.

So here it is almost beer o'clock on a Friday, and I'm finally sitting down at my computer.  All week I've wanted to cast on a new project, but I've been sidetracked.  Today is the day.


First I had to liberate a pair of needles.  I had one project that was several rows shy of a bind off.  Sometimes I need a nudge to cross the finish line.  Now I'm ready to settle in with my new project.  Maybe I'll even crack a beer.

This week's color inspiration . . . 


Rhinebeck and fog.

No comments: