Friday, March 8, 2019

When Two Equals One

First a quick schedule update.  Next week is the Knit North Yarn Crawl, and on Saturday I'll be at A Garden For Knitters.  I'll have a selection of yarn and various bundles.  Stop by to see the shop exclusive design and kit.  It's going to be fun!

The other day I fell down the hole that is Ravelry and picked out a new project.  After I made my decision, I realized I had to dye yarn for the new project.  Not a problem - it just meant I couldn't cast on right away.

I had some knitting time while I was waiting for the yarn to dry, so I took a look at my projects already under construction.  I don't have very many projects already on the go . . . a couple socks and a cowl.  I picked up the cowl and got busy.


Garter Snake Cowl.  I've been working on this brioche project off and on.  I won't lie.  Brioche knitting is a slower process.  You only work half the stitches on any given round, so you have to work two rounds to work all the stitches.  But there is a certain rhythm to brioche, and it can be very relaxing.

While I was waiting for the yarn to dry, I finished the first section and have moved on to the garter section.  You can see a little bit of garter taking shape under the needle.  Now that I'm seeing forward progress, it might be hard to put this project down.

I'm still enjoying our winter weather . . . and this week's color inspiration.


All gray and white.

No comments: