Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Color Choices

First a schedule alert.  This Sunday is Farm Fiber Day at the Wayland Winter Farmers' Market.  This event has shifted from Saturday to Sunday . . . less crowded, easier parking, longer hours.  It promises to be a fun day.  Follow the link for more information.

Color choices make a difference.  The other day I was working on a quick little project when I stopped and paused.


There was too much color overlap between the two skeins, and the lines weren't as distinct as I had envisioned.  I was tempted to rip everything out and start over, but it was late at night so I held off to assess the situation in the morning.  Not surprisingly the situation didn't look any different in the light of day.

For the sake of comparison, I started over with a different solid color and worked from the other end of the Sprinkles skein.


That's what I was looking for.  Clear, sharp, contrasting lines.  In case you're wondering, this is Pātiki Cowl.  Now that I've settled on the colors, I can't put this project down.

No comments: