Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Take the Time

Yesterday my to-do list included casting on a new project.  I didn't get to it during the day, so when I left the house for knit night, I grabbed the necessary ingredients.  I settled in with my knitting buddies and cast on a wee swatch.

Generally I'm a firm believer in swatching, but I'm not going to extol the virtues of this "optional" activitiy.  Knitting a swatch is not a foolproof exercise, and sometimes it's an out-and-out lie, but it has saved me on numerous occasions, so I usually take time to do it.

After I knit my swatch, I wasn't quite satisfied, so I decided to go up a needle size.  I rummaged through my bag only to discover I didn't have the needle with me.  I was tempted to cast on anyway but decided to wait.


I'm glad I did.  This morning I swatched with the bigger needle, and I'm happy with the result.  Definitely worth the wait.

No comments: