Monday, July 17, 2017

Pure Joy

After a whirlwind weekend, I'm back at it.  I've already run into numerous glitches this morning, and technology is not my friend, but I'm determined.  Watch out, Monday.

When we left on Friday, I knew it was going to be a mad dash to finish my shawl in time for the wedding on Saturday.  My daughter took the wheel for a bit so I could knit on the road.  Friday night at dinner I was still knitting, but I finished the last row before we contemplated dessert. After dinner amidst a little pre-wedding party, I worked the bind off. 
And before I went to bed, I blocked the shawl.  All in a day's work.


As usual the weather was cool and damp in Downeast Maine.  I was concerned about the drying conditions, so I used the fan for a few hours.

By mid-afternoon on Saturday, the shawl was ready.


Pure Joy.  This design is mostly garter with short row shaping.  Add color combinations and you have a recipe for fun, relaxed knitting.  If I didn't have other pressing projects, I'd cast on another one right away.

The yarn is Lillian Luxe, colorways March Sky and Bee Hive.  There's nothing like a little silk for a special occasion.

And it was a special occasion.





From the setting to the ceremony to the party . . . a lovely, heartwarming celebration.

No comments: