Friday, June 17, 2016

All in a Day's Work

It turns out I can cast on and knit over half a baby hat white waiting for my son to take his road test*.  That's more a reflection on the very long wait than my knitting speed.  I had a feeling about this road test, but I averted disaster and went prepared with plenty of coffee and knitting.  


Less than 24 hours after starting this darling little hat, it was time for the finishing touches and the wonders of the Kitchener stitch.


Good Sport.  My daughter's friend is having a baby, and there's a whirlwind of excitement.  There's a shower in the works, and this is just one of the items to welcome the little bundle into the world. 

A quick PSA for Boston-area knitters . . . I have a pop-up shop running through next week at Sit 'n Knit in Melrose.  Stop by and take a look.

The strawberries are here.  It's a short season, but I'm trying to make the most of it.  This week's color inspiration . . . 


Juicy and sweet.

*In case you're wondering, he passed.

No comments: