Last night at knit night I kept my knitting simple. Stripes . . . around and around. By the time I left, I was ready to start the decreases. I could finish this hat tonight, I thought to myself.
At home I settled in with my knitting and started to work the first decrease round. At the end of the round I discovered my stitch count was off, and the decreases weren't even. Apparently I hadn't cast on the number of stitches I had written in my notes. This wasn't a crucial detail until it came time to decrease. It was late and I was getting cranky, so I set the whole mess aside. I've learned that late night ripping usually ends in a bad way.
The pattern is Raituli in case you're wondering.
This morning I ripped out the decrease round and did a recount. Now I'm all set to finish this hat.