Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Knowing When to Call It Quits

Last night at knit night I kept my knitting simple.  Stripes . . . around and around.  By the time I left, I was ready to start the decreases.  I could finish this hat tonight, I thought to myself.

At home I settled in with my knitting and started to work the first decrease round.  At the end of the round I discovered my stitch count was off, and the decreases weren't even.  Apparently I hadn't cast on the number of stitches I had written in my notes.  This wasn't a crucial detail until it came time to decrease.  It was late and I was getting cranky, so I set the whole mess aside.  I've learned that late night ripping usually ends in a bad way.


The pattern is Raituli in case you're wondering.  

This morning I ripped out the decrease round and did a recount.  Now I'm all set to finish this hat.  

No comments: