Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Musings on Repetition

Stitch by stitch, row by row.  Knitting is all about repetition.  As knitters, we do the same thing over and over and over.  The constant repetition helps refine our knitting skills, but it's also comfortable and comforting at the same time.

I try not to get set in my ways.  There are several variations on the SSK decrease, and I've had fun comparing the results.  There are numerous ways to cast on and bind off.  It's good to explore the options.

But some things I always do the same way . . . my autopilot knitting. Take one of my current sock projects.  


I'm ready to start the heel flap.  I almost always make a flap with garter edges.  I like the way it looks and fits.  Often I don't even read the pattern instructions for the flap - I rely on my default flap.  

Maybe I'll mix it up a little and try something different with this heel flap.  I still haven't decided.  Some routines are hard to let go of.

2 comments:

Kate/Massachusetts said...

That sock is beautiful!! Is it a Ravelry pattern? Thanks, Kate

Kate/Massachusetts said...

I found the Captain Hastings link below but that design circles around the ankle...did you change the pattern a bit? It is really pretty!