Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Maybe It's Contagious

The other day I received an email about a yarn emergency.  The gist of it was, "Help! I'm going to run out of yarn."  Every once in a while I get a yarn SOS.  It happens to every knitter.  No matter how many times you crunch the numbers, it's inevitable that occasionally you run out of yarn.  Even if you buy an extra skein or three, there's no guarantee.

So I shouldn't have been surprised when I picked up my Itineris and discovered this.


A few days ago I was sure I had plenty of yarn to finish this project. The ball of Dirty Snow was getting smaller, but I wasn't alarmed. Today, I'm not so sure.  That ball is looking mighty small.  I don't have the heart to calculate how many yards I have left.  Sometimes confronting the cold hard numbers only makes matters worse.

I'm close to the finish line with this project, so I'll know the outcome soon enough.  I'm tempted to knit quickly . . . like that will save me from running out of yarn.  Instead, I'm going to have another cup of coffee and calmly knit on.  Like with a good book, I'm going to savor the ending.

No comments: