Friday, April 6, 2012

The Divide

I've happily been working away on my newest knitting project.  As so often happens with new projects, I can't put this one down to work on anything else.  I'm sure at some point the novelty will wear off, but for now I'm enjoying each and every little stitch.




This lovely little bit is the wee Austin Hoodie.  I said I would knit only the boring stockinette section and then I would pick up one of my languishing projects.  I began knitting the body of the sweater and all too quickly reached the prescribed length.  


But that wasn't enough - the pattern pulled me in with something different.  To keep things interesting I've now changed needle sizes and the stitch pattern.  You can't see it in this picture, but I've also bound off to divide the sweater into two fronts and the back.  In general baby sweaters move right along, being so small and all.  This design incorporates three different stitch patterns and is barreling along at super speed.  At this rate there's no telling how far I'll go before I even consider one of my other projects, but it's safe to say I'm not going to stop at the divide.


It's not every day that one of my teenagers gifts me with flowers. Since the event is so rare, I'm marking the occasion with my color inspiration for the week.




Peachy.

No comments: