Friday, September 30, 2011

Slow Start

All week I've been trying to get my latest knitting project up and running.  I had high hopes of slipping it on my hand for a try-on, but so far all I've managed is the cast on and a few rounds. 




A mitten cuff.  By mid-week I realized that my knitting time was going to be limited, so I set a goal of finishing the cuff by Friday.  Simple enough.  Ribbing . . . 24 rounds of ribbing. Today is Friday, and the cuff still isn't complete.  I've given myself to the end of the weekend. This cuff will be finished by Monday even if I have to lock myself in a room to do it.


This weekend I'll be at the Tunbridge Fairgrounds for the Vermont Sheep and Wool Festival.  I'm looking forward to another weekend of fiber fun.


This is a colorful time of year with vibrant hues peeking out from subdued earth tones.  My color inspiration for the week.




Warm, golden yellow.

No comments: