Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bonnet

Last week I was working on a little something for a little person.




Over the weekend I finished it.  This is Bonnet by Elizabeth Zimmermann, the companion hat to her Baby Surprise Jacket.  The yarn is a 100% Superwash Merino base used for the Sweet Bunting Cardigan Kit, colors Clematis and Baltic Blue.  Currently this yarn is only available in the Sweet Bunting Kit.


I was thoroughly entertained while knitting this little hat. It has many of the same characteristics as the Baby Surprise.  There are twists and turns along the way.  This is one of those patterns where you're best off blindly following the instructions.  If you stop and think for too long, you might get lost.




In the end it all worked out.  The striping came together nicely at the back of the hat.  I couldn't have planned it any better.


And I'm thrilled with the little button.




A perfect color match found on a late in the day, last minute stop at Gather Here.  This was a great diversion from the other projects at hand.  Now it's time to get back to work.

1 comment:

Taos Sunflower said...

Don't you just love Elizabeth? She never ceases to amaze and entertain me. I love that bonnet...I think one may be moving to the top of my own winter knitting list.